Sunday, April 11, 2010

A date with his mama...


I have about two weeks of class remaining this semester - meaning I haven't seen much of James or Noah. I'm at school way later than I should be, studying and trying my best to figure out what I am supposed to know about Constitutional law. It's much more complicated than I thought it would be... Consequently, James has been a "single dad." I've been coming home around midnight, and by that time Noah is asleep. I tried once to kiss him goodnight and accidentally woke him up. He sat up in bed, punched me in the face, then immediately fell back asleep. I've been feeling like a pretty horrible mom, so I promised Noah a date this weekend - just the two of us. Not only would Noah and I have some time just the two of us, but James would have some well deserved (and needed) time for himself.

Today was the big day and I took Noah to Liberty Park. We fed seagulls (we tried to feed the ducks, but every time we threw bread, the seagulls would come swooping in and steal the bread); we flew a Buzz Lightyear kite; Noah rode in a plane and a car; we climbed rocks and went on secret pathways; and we played on the playground. In short, it was AWESOME. It felt so good to be a real mama again!












By this point he was ready to go home:


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Your son is way to cute :). Glad you got to spend time with your baby boy. I am sure james had a fun time "alone." I wonder what he did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh....these are the days to remember! They grow up too fast! Sometimes life requires us to make sacrifices, but life has a funny way of repaying us ten-fold with blessings! You're doing a good work that many don't have courage to do! Love you!

    ReplyDelete